Cardiologist in Huatulco
Looking for Cardiologist in Huatulco? I have technology to guarantee an excellent service. Throughout more than 8 years of experience, I have treated more than 1,500 patients and successfully performed more than 800 procedures. I have been able to attend to more than 400 critically ill patients who underwent heart surgery and heart transplantation, with favorable results.
Cardiologist in Huatulco
Cardiologists diagnose, evaluate, and treat patients with diseases and defects of the heart and blood vessels (the cardiovascular system).
Cardiologists work with adult patients; pediatric cardiology is a separate specialty.
A cardiologist treats patients with conditions such as
- Angina (chest pain caused by narrowing of the coronary arteries)
- Arrhythmias, for example atrial fibrillation (irregular heartbeat)
- Heart murmurs due to heart valve disease
- Cardiomyopathy (heart muscle disease) with heart failure, including pulmonary
- Edema (accumulation of fluid)
- Coronary artery thrombosis or myocardial infarction (heart attack) is often associated with pressure
High blood pressure (hypertension) and high cholesterol
- Diseases of the arteries (atherosclerosis, arteritis, atheroma)
- Hole in the heart and other forms of congenital heart disease in adult life, including transition of pediatric care and shared care of pregnant women with heart disease.
Much of the emphasis is on improving survival rates and quality of life after heart attacks, heart failure, or heart rhythm disorders; but cardiologists are also concerned with understanding disease processes and prevention.
The specialty is at the forefront of new therapies and technologies and emergency treatments are often required. It also includes end-of-life palliative care for heart disease.
Services offered by a cardiologist in Huatulco
An interventional cardiologist specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions and diseases of the heart and blood vessels using non-surgical, catheter-based procedures and specialized imaging techniques. Interventional cardiologists treat coronary artery disease, heart valve disorders, and congenital heart disease, among other heart problems. Interventional cardiologists are also highly trained in the prevention of heart disease and its complications, such as heart failure.
Interventions performed by a cardiology specialist in Huatulco
- Pacemaker placement. A pacemaker is a small device that is placed under the skin of the chest to help control the heartbeat. It is used to help your heart beat more regularly if you have an irregular heartbeat (arrhythmia), particularly slow ones.
- Coronary angioplasty. It is a procedure used to open clogged heart arteries. Angioplasty uses a small balloon catheter that is inserted into a blocked blood vessel to help widen it and improve blood flow to the heart.
- Cardiac catheterization (Diagnosis and Therapeutics). It is a procedure used to diagnose and treat certain cardiovascular conditions. During cardiac catheterization, a long, thin tube called a catheter is inserted into an artery or vein in the groin, neck, or arm and threaded through blood vessels to the heart.
Heart specialist in Huatulco
To ensure you receive the best appropriate care, your cardiologist may recommend a series of tests to measure your heart function. Before completing any of the following tests, you will be explained what the study involves and what it measures. Once the test is complete, your cardiologist will explain the results and if further care is needed.
Common tests for heart function include:
- Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitoring
- Physical stress test.
Frequently Asked Questions
Certified Interventional Cardiologist
Dr. Reynaldo Rangel
I am an Interventional Cardiologist Certified by different associations and I have a High Specialty in Cardiovascular Intensive Therapy endorsed by UNAM. I completed a diploma in ECMO (Circulatory Assistance Device) and received recognition from the Secretary of the Navy and the Government of Mexico for cardiac surgeries on patients.
Throughout more than 8 years of experience, I have treated more than 1,500 patients and successfully performed more than 400 procedures. Likewise, I have been able to attend to more than 200 critically ill patients, with favorable results.